Venabu Fjellhotell sits on the beautiful and open plateau of 'Venabygdsfjellet' and is a gateway to the Rondane National Park.
There are lakes, birch forests and over 30 different mountain tops close by. Our local lake, just next to the hotel has a clean, sandy beach for bathing. This makes Venabu a great place for an active family holiday. In addition to our popular horse riding and hiking programmes we offer stand up paddle board, canoe and cycle hire. The clear, quiet lakes are lovely spots for fishing or wild swimming.
Wellbeing and relaxation:
Venabu has a newly equipped gym, a quiet yoga space and saunas available for use during your stay. We run classes including yoga and sports and Swedish massage are also available.
Places to visit from Venabu:
- The Rondane National Park, home to a unique wild reindeer herd.
- Canoeing on the Atna river - a memorable day out for families and beginners. This gentle flowing rover has sandy beaches for picnics, fish in its clear waters and you may see traces of the beaver that live there too.
- Ringebu Stavechurch with its vicarage gallery and garden, guided tours are available.
- Maihaugan outdoor, living museum in Lillehammer.
- Jotunheimen National Park - accessible for a day trip with many hiking opportunities, including the famous Besseggen ridge, and boat trips on lake Gjende.