Venabu Ski Safaris are a superb winter cross country ski experience.
Explore the mountains away from the ski tracks and visit some of the more adventurous ski terrain accessible on cross country skis. On our centre-based, guided cross country ski holiday you will discover panoramic summits, ski in wild reindeer country and come away with adventures to remember and stories to share.
Our skilled and experienced ski guides will show you some of their favourite, less frequented ski areas on these longer Spring days. These group day tours can be challenging and will suit confident skiers with off track experience and good fitness.
• Discover this Norwegian winter wonderland away from the tracks
• Five days of expert ski guiding
• Small group size
• Develop new skills and confidence on your skis
• Ski carrying only a day pack, returning to our comfortable hotel each night
• Delicious, plentiful food and our traditional Norwegian Dinner on Wednesday evening
• Ideal for single or solo travellers, share you ski holiday with like-minded people
Off Track Holiday Ski Safari Dates 2021:
We expect to run our Ski Safaris at the end of February and during March 2021.
Specific dates coming very soon. Please don't hesitate to get in touch for more information:
t: 0047 61 29 32 00
Complete Holiday Price:
13580,- NOK per person, sharing a twin or double room.
Single supplement 250 NOK per night.
It is possible to join our Off Track Ski Safaris on a guiding only basis.
The guided tours run on five days, Monday to Friday inclusive.
Price Guiding Only:
2900,- NOK per person please book in advance.
We are unable to guarantee availability last minute.
minimum 4, maximum 8
To enjoy the holiday and tours as part of the group guests should be confident that they can:
• control their speed and line downhill
• have an effective snowplough
• ski uphill effectively off track
• be able to ski in variable snow conditions away from the tracks
• get up independently after a tumble
• have the ski fitness to ski all day, off track on consecutive days, some days may be around 25-30 kms long
We will be skiing in some beautiful, wild and remote areas so guests should have experience of skiing in the mountains, including in bad weather.
For more information please visit our page on cross country ski grades.
Day 1. Arrival day
8.00 Breakfast is served
9.15 Waxing and ski preparation
Free skiing to find your ski legs
20.00 After dinner briefing for the week ahead
8.00 Breakfast is served
9.00 Ski waxing and preparation
Every day will be a different adventure. We take a packed lunch with us and make use of transfers by minibus to access the best terrain for the day. We mix skiing off track and on track during the week to make a journey and give you the experience for the conditions on the day.
15.30-16.00 Return to the hotel
8.00 Breakfast is served
This is a typical itinerary and is likely to change to adapt to the snow and weather conditions and to the needs of the group.
What’s included in our Ski Safari holidays - the complete package:
• Seven nights accommodation.
• Breakfast and dinner, which are substantial! Packed lunch made up at breakfast
• Thermos filled with your choice of hot drink
• Expert ski guiding on five days
• Venabu’s renowned Norwegian Dinner served on Wednesday evening.
• Ski hire and ski waxing
• All transfers for guiding
• Use of saunas and yoga room. Yoga, Pilates and mindfulness classes and sports massage available (optional extras) during the week to help you recover and relax
• Transfers to and from Ringebu railway station.
Transfers to and from Oslo Gardermoen are available as an option. For more information about travel to Venabu please visit our travel page.
Many of our Ski Safari guests travel to Venabu from another centre in Norway so we include travel from Ringebu in this package.
Please read our activity and package terms and conditions.
Gudbrandsdalen Ski Experience
We are excited to announce new Ski Safari tours in the Gudbrandsdalen area in addition to our existing routes. These tours will include Gålå: skiing the forests and ridgeway of the Peer Gynt route; the spectacular mountains of Skeikampen and more. There is so much fantastic skiing within a reasonable drive of Venabu! We will choose the tours to suit the groups and the conditions at the time.
Alternatively, throughout the winter season from Christmas until Easter, five days a week we have our programme of guided ski tours. There are tours to suit all levels form beginners to experienced skiers and we ski a mixture of on-track and off-track routes. These different excursions run in parallel each day and you can choose day by day which you would like to join.
For skiers who enjoy learning and would like to develop their ski skills further we have our new week: Become a Better Skier!
Come and enjoy Venabu's beautiful winter wonderland!
To book and for more information please contact us:
t: +47 61 29 32 00